In case you’re worried that the above render depicts the next generation iPod-touch, fret not. It is only a concept rendering based on the latest rumors about Apple’s next-generation iPod Nano. Apparently the new media player will feature an oblong body with a rectangular screen as well as a home button. The new iPod Nano is said to be running on an iOS-lookalike operating system like the current iPod Nano.
Rumors also claim that Apple will be introducing a “dedicated new iTunes service” for the iPod Nano, but no details about the service were revealed. Judging by the concept render, it doesn’t look like something Apple would introduce this year (in my opinion it looks pretty old-school) but then again I could be wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see what Apple has to show off later this year (that is if Apple decides to release a new iPod Nano). What do you think of the render above? Yay or nay?
Next Story: Star Wars: the Old Republic to offer free trials
- 2013-07-01: iOS 7 Concept Imagines The 6th Generation iPod Nano Running It
- 2012-10-17: iFixit gives Apple's new iPod nano the teardown treatment, gives it a 5/10 for repairability
- 2012-09-12: New iPod nano unveiled with larger display and Lightning connector
- 2012-08-27: Next-gen iPod nano rumored to feature WiFi connectivity along with iTunes Music Cloud support
- 2012-07-24: Apple reportedly planning new iPod touch and nanos for September