If you love playing games on the Xbox 360 with your Kinect and you’ve always wondered about how many calories you’re actually burning every time you complete a gaming session, you’re in luck. Today, Microsoft announced the launch of Kinect PlayFit – a new fitness dashboard that aggregates and tracks the calories you burn as you play a variety of Kinect games such as Dance Central 2 to Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 to Kinect Star Wars.
Kinect PlayFit is touted as the first ever fitness tracking app on a video game console, and features leaderboards and integration with the Xbox LIVE community so you can see who’s been working the hardest amongst you and your friends. Sounds like a pretty good way to motivate you and your friends into keeping fit when gaming at the same time. Download Kinect PlayFit from Xbox LIVE today (folks outside of the US will get it later this week).
Next Story: Motorola Atrix HD official specs
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-11-22: Xbox One Kinect Teardown Reveals Its Fairly Easy To Repair
- 2013-06-28: Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-06-20: Microsoft Not Budging On Xbox One's $499 Price, Kinect Requirement
- 2013-05-28: Microsoft Patents Achievements For Watching TV Shows