Lenovo has come up with their latest laptop that targets the student community – the Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, where it will be equipped with the relevant technologies that will enhance the modern day classroom learning experience, not to mention sporting a rugged design that ought to be more than enough to withstand the rigors of everyday school life – and more. Depending on your budget, you can choose from the Intel Core or Celeron processors, and if you jive with AMD, then the AMD E-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) will do its job without any complaints.
Audio-wise, you are treated to Dolby Advanced Audio for rich and resonant sound, while your eyes are treated to vibrant HD graphics on its monitor, with USB 3.0 connectivity thrown into the mix to deliver speedy data transfers. There is also a wireless activity LED indicator located on the cover, so that at a glance, teachers are able to know whether students are using Wi-Fi instead of just working locally. I wonder what happens when the student tethers his or her smartphone with a data plan to the Lenovo ThinkPad X131e – will said activity LED indicator light up as well?
Some of the heavy duty features include reinforced hinges, stainless steel hinge brackets, a tightly aligned keyboard, a dustless fan, a strengthened AC adapter cable, andenhanced HDD shock performance. Pricing starts from $499 upwards, depending on the configuration. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses
- 2014-01-29: Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Delivers Rugged Computing Solution To Students
- 2013-11-20: Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Makes Its Way Through The FCC
- 2013-09-11: Lenovo Upgrading ThinkPad Series To Include Intel Haswell CPUs
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s And T440 Ultrabooks Unveiled
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 & S540