If you happen to own a LG Optimus 2X, then it is with a rather heavy heart that I bring you this bit of news – it seems that LG’s flagship device from last year will not be on the receiving end of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update. There were previous assurances to the public that the LG Optimus 2X will eventually receive its just desserts, but I guess the about face has just been confirmed via LG Canada’s Twitter stream that mentioned, “the Optimus 2X will not be receiving the ICS upgrade. The original upgrade announcement was a general statement issued from HQ.”
No idea on exactly what LG meant by a “general statement,” but it does seem as though the statement before that leaves no room for one to suggest that there is a glimmer of hope that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will arrive on an official basis over to the LG Optimus 2X. Ah well, I guess it is time for the developer community to come up with a custom ROM for the smartphone eventually!
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S Duos leaked
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-08-24: LG Singapore confirms Ice Cream Sandwich headed for Optimus 2X, Black, 3D, LTE, Prada
- 2012-08-20: LG Optimus Black to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2012-08-14: LG Optimus 2X confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich in South Korea
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus 2X to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-07-04: LG Prada 3.0 receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update in Germany and Italy