The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been rumored to announce later this year and it looks like it might not be the only phablet in town. According to rumors online, LG will also be announcing the sequel to its large smartphone, the Optimus Vu. It will be called the Optimus Vu 2 and is said to be unveiled before this year’s IFA (where the Galaxy Note 2 is rumored to make its appearance). The Optimus Vu 2 is going to feature a 5″ 4:3 1024 x 768 display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz dual-core processor, and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is also expected to hit the shelves in September or October.
Samsung’s Galaxy Note proved to the world that there’s a market for these humongous smartphones, so it’s going to be interesting to see if other companies can follow suit with their own devices. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted when we find out more.
Next Story: Nokia takes RIM to court again
- 2014-04-24 LG G Flex Handles 1,000lbs Of Pressure Without Breaking A Sweat
- 2014-04-24 LG G3 Case Gives A Hint Of What’s To Come
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-10 LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-06-27 LG Optimus Vu receives "Value Pack" Ice Cream Sandwich update in Korea
- 2012-02-28 LG Optimus Vu First Impressions
- 2012-02-26 LG Optimus Vu preview
- 2012-02-13 LG Optimus Vu shows up next to a Samsung Galaxy Note