One of the odd things about Apple’s Clock app on the iPhone is that it isn’t animated. Given the trouble Apple took to design the app’s icon to actually resemble a clock, one couldn’t be blamed if they assumed that it would actually display the time via the icon itself. It’s not a really big deal but for those who are really picky, you guys might already be familiar with the LiveClock tweak from Ryan Petrich which is available for jailbroken iPhones. For those wondering, the tweak basically animates the icon, allowing it to actually display the current time.
Well the good news for iOS 5 jailbroken iPhones is that the tweak has finally been updated and will now be compatible with iOS 5. Since iOS 5 made its debut last year, the tweak has been rendered useless and has not been updated, at least until now. If you’re interested in grabbing the LiveClock tweak, you will need to add Petrich’s repository (http://rpetri.ch/repo/) before installing it. In the meantime you can check out the video above which will give you an idea of what to expect and if it might be worth your time.
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-01-21: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Might Not Be Possible
- 2013-12-30: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Now Available
- 2013-12-29: Jailbreak For iOS 6.1.3 And 6.1.4 Coming Soon
- 2013-09-09: iOS 6.1.4 Jailbreak Finally Surfaces
- 2013-07-01: iOS 7 Has Already Been Jailbroken