Here’s some interesting news for you today. Three men, armed with assault rifles, intercepted a truck loaded with Apple products earlier today in Aulnay-sous-Bois, Paris. The suspects reportedly wore masks and carried Kalashnikov and M16 rifles. Fortunately, the driver and one passenger of the truck were released in the woods of Val d’Oise, both safe and unharmed. The French police eventually located the truck but the suspects were already gone.
It was previously believed that the robbers brought the Apple products along with them as they fled, until the police discovered them later in a nearby house. For now, we’re not really sure why they left the devices. But perhaps they must have felt that the police were already closing in on them. The incident sheds light into the increasing popularity and value of mobile devices nowadays. Numerous accounts of Apple Store robberies were already reported in the past, but today’s truck robbery incident is probably the first of its kind.
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-01-16 Police Shutdown Pedophile Ring Accused Of Streaming Videos Online
- 2013-10-31 HTC Sends HTC One To Man Whose Life Was Saved By Bullet-Stopping Cellphone
- 2013-10-29 Cellphone Saves Gas Station Clerk's Life By Stopping A Bullet Fired At Him
- 2013-03-21 Model Tracks Down Pervert Via His LinkedIn Profile