Electronic Arts has just released new gameplay footage from Battlefield 3 Armored Kill, an expansion pack for Battlefield 3 which brings new vehicles, gameplay, in-game content and operational theaters. Because the emphasis is on armored vehicle warfare, 5 new vehicles have been added : new tanks, mobile artillery, etc… From the trailer, it looks like players can fight back using air power with the heavily armed Spectre Gunship.
The size of the maps is really impressive, and it makes sense that they are so huge: unlike the classic FPS where players face each other with guns, every vehicles drive or flies relatively fast. On the other hand, a lot of the landscape is computer generated, so the amount of work for the design team is not proportional to the size of the map. This is yet another impressive gameplay powered by the Frostbyte 2 engine.
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2013-06-27: Korean Movie Trailer Accused Of Being A Battlefield 3 Rip-off
- 2013-05-07: EA Star Wars Titles Won't Come To Nintendo Wii U
- 2012-11-30: Battlefield 3 Aftermath Expansion PC Footage
- 2012-11-27: Battlefield 3 Patch Corrects Input Lag, Balances Weapons And Squashes Bugs
- 2012-09-04: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill patch released
- 2011-10-31: Battlefield 3 sold 5 million copies in first week
- 2011-10-03: Modded Battlefield 3 Beta servers might end up banned