Yes, we have seen an image of the potential new iPhone 5 before, and there is word that the next generation iPhone that is now in production might just feature a design change. Some of the fresh reports which hail from Chinese sources tout that some of the design changes include the addition of glass to the unit’s “uni-body” backplate, where the “iPhone 5″ will come with a two-tone all-metal design, not to mention an inlaid glass that is located between the backplate’s top and bottom edges, so that would mean there is no bare aluminum surface at all.
This means it is different from the iPhone 4 and 4S that sports a “glass sandwich” design complete with tough Gorilla Glass front and back coverings, while the “iPhone 5″ will have a backplate that is only “partially covered” with the tough material. Could this be due to the rumored screen size that has been increased to a 4″ Retina Display with a 16:9 aspect ratio? All time will tell, that is for sure.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display