If you’ve got an account on the NVIDIA forums, you probably noticed an announcement about the forums being hacked recently. NVIDIA took the forums offline last week to investigate the breach – it turns out that hackers managed to gain access to user’s usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords with random salt value, and public-facing “About Me” profile information. While most of the information was already available online anyway, users have been encouraged to change their passwords for accounts on other websites if they used the same password for their NVIDIA forum account.
Users are also warned not to provide any personal, financial or sensitive information in response to any email purporting to be sent by an NVIDIA employee or representative. All user passwords will be reset when the system comes back online, though it wasn’t mentioned when that was going to be.
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation