Olympus has just announced that they will be offering new firmware for the OM-D E-M5, and with each new firmware update, you can more or less be sure that there will be improvements made to the hardware in terms of performance and stability. Some of the improvements include an improved sleep recovery operation, AF target indication when using C-AF+TR while shooting sequential images using Sequential L setting, added function that automatically moves focus to the following zoom positions when underwater macro mode or underwater wide mode is selected – this happens only when the M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50 mm F3.5-6.3 EZ is attached. Not only that, there is an Olympus Viewer 2 application update that will arrive for both Windows and Mac platforms, letting you edit movies that are shot the camera in MOV and MP4 file formats. Have you updated your Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera already?
- 2014-03-31 Olympus STYLUS TG-3 Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2014-03-31 Olympus STYLUS SH-1 Unveiled
- 2014-01-29 Olympus Stylus SP-100 Superzoom Camera With Dot-Sight Tracking Announced
- 2014-01-29 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Camera Announced
- 2014-01-29 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Has Been Officially Launched
- 2010-04-15 Firmware Update Increases Autofocus Speeds Of Olympus PEN Cameras