Earlier in the day, we talked about the Pantech Star Q, and while there are some disputes going around claiming that the Pantech Star Q is really the Pantech Marauder, I think that both handsets are different beasts. After all, the Marauder was touted to come with a 5-megapixel camera, while the Star Q has a 3-megapixel shooter at the back, so no prizes for guessing just which smartphone will come with the more capable camera. Both were said to feature a physical QWERTY keyboard, but I guess smartphones that come in such a form factor will get fewer and fewer in between, especially when you consider how the full touchscreen user interface is going to gobble up the way we use smartphones.
We also know that the Pantech Marauder will come with LTE connectivity, in addition to having it run on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Sure, it is no Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but at the very least you know that Ice Cream Sandwich has its fair share of features and functions to keep you happy. There is no word on pricing as at press time although it does seem headed for Verizon, but we do hope to keep our keen senses peeled just in case we pick anything from the radar.
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor