If you want a look at what the upcoming iPhone is going to look like, the folks over at Gotta Be Mobile might have the answer. The folks were recently sent some photographs showing off what is claimed to be an iPhone 5 engineering sample straight from a factory in China. If these images are the real deal, it looks like people who were looking forward to a radically redesigned new iPhone will have to wait another year or more.
The engineering sample looks just like the current iPhone, except that it will be taller and will feature a smaller bezel to accommodate a larger display (rumored to be 4″ in size). Other than that, the rear camera will be in the same place, though now there’s what appears to be a microphone (for noise reduction and video recording) in between the flash and the lens. The sample also features dividers on the back of the phone which corroborate with previous rumors about the iPhone 5 having two types of materials for its back.
As usual, there’s no telling to how real this leak is, so take everything you see with a pinch of salt. But if the next generation iPhone ends up looking like this, I guess you won’t have to be surprised anymore.RELATED
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- iPhone Launch On China Mobile Might Add $10 Billion In Yearly Apple Revenue
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- Follow: iPhone, iPhone 5,
- Seen at: gottabemobile