If you grew up playing FPS games like Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Doom and the likes, then the name Quake is probably one familiar to you. Things have been relatively quiet on the Quake front, especially since Quake 4 was launched about 7 years ago, leaving many to wonder about the fate of its successor. Well thanks to a tweet by Evolve PR, a revival of a “beloved classic PC shooter” is expected to be announced at Quake Con this year. While they did not state explicitly what the announcement would be, given that it is Quake Con after all, and with a 7 year gap after Quake 4, many are speculating that this could be none other than Quake 5. There are of course a myriad of possibilities, and the phrase “revival” might suggest that it might be a reboot of a game instead of a new one. Either way with Quake Con taking place on the 2nd of August, we guess we don’t have long to wait until all is revealed, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-04-13: Steam Controller Goes On Sale This October/November (Rumor)
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Sony's Virtual Reality Headset Plans "Confirmed" By Forbes Report
- 2014-03-17: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Run At Sub-720p At 30fps [Rumor]