The South Korean tech behemoth that is Samsung is now up and all over the place in its home turf. According to the local news publication Maeil Business Newspaper, Samsung is now poised to gain an unprecedented 70 percent market share this month of July. It’s important to note that Samsung already garnered 66 percent of the overall market share during the first half of this year.
Although this is not surprising, the purported 70 percent market share is a big leap to its previous share over the last three years, where it only had around 50 percent of the market share. Samsung is saying that the company’s push into the LTE market is one of the biggest contributing factors to its success, with devices such as the Galaxy S2 HD LTE and the Galaxy S3 as the perfect examples for its massive growth. Officials are saying that Samsung is currently dominating roughly 69% of the overall LTE-enabled smartphone market.
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March