When it comes to smartphones, especially those with a full screen interface, it is all about making life easier, isn’t it? After all, we want to access all of the relevant data in a jiffy, be it the latest emails, the most recent text message, or perhaps sifting through your contacts list. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is pretty formidable to begin with, but with everything having room for improvement, some users did voice out that the auto-brightness setting did not really maximize the use of the 4.8-inch screen.
With the latest OTA (Over The Air) update for the Galaxy S3, it seems that the South Korean consumer electronics conglomerate intends to fix this particular bit by introducing a new brightness widget which can be accessed via the drop-down notification menu. Not only that, there is also a bunch of stability fixes that make up part of the 73MB update. This particular OTA update seems to be making its way to global models, so if you own one of these puppies, you might want to check out the update section under the Settings menu. Image courtesy of Slashgear.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March