You know you’ve got a successful device when you start seeing imitations of it on the market. Previously the iPhone was all the rage and now it looks like Samsung’s Galaxy S3 has taken its place. According to reports online, Samsung’s current flagship phone has spawned imitations in China.
One such knock off features a 4.8″ 1280 x 720 display (not SAMOLED), an 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front facing camera, 1.2GHz dual-core MT6577 processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, dual SIM card slots, and a 2,500mAh battery. The phone even comes with an imitation box and weighs lighter than the original S3! It costs about $272 from Chinaecarts.com.
For people who just want a nice look Android phone that doesn’t cost too much, this knockoff seems like a viable option. However there’s no telling how long these things will last or how reliable they are. But if you’re interested in picking one up head here.
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2012-06-05: Samsung Galaxy S3 set to arrive in China on June 9
- 2011-10-28: MacBook Air clone looks pretty convincing
- 2011-10-18: HDC Sensation is a convincing HTC Sensation knock off