Samsung already announced that it will be bringing Rovio’s Angry Birds game to its line of Smart TVs this month. At the Samsung SpaceFest today, the South Korean behemoth finally made it official by introducing not just an Angry Birds app with gesture controls, but a new 75-inch Smart TV as well. The new 75-inch ES9000 LED Smart 3D TV features a rose/ gold-colored finish and a curved bezel that’s 0.31 inches thin. It will retail next month for $9,999.
Specs-wise, the ES9000 is packed with Samsung’s Smart TV suite that includes Smart Interaction (voice, gesture and face recognition controls), Smart Content (broader range of premium and signature content), Smart Evolution (superior TV performance), and Sound Share. As for the Angry Birds app with gesture controls, owners of Samsung 2012 LED 7500 and up models, as well Plasma 8000 models, will be able to download the game later this month for free.
“We couldn’t imagine a better way to unveil our new flagship TV and a literally game-changing new app, then here at the Intrepid alongside the Space Shuttle Enterprise,” said Joseph Stinziano, Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment, Samsung Electronics America. “The Intrepid and Space Shuttle are each iconic symbols of innovation and discovery and Samsung also is driven to push boundaries and deliver a sense of wonder and delight.”
Next Story: Original ASUS Transformer to receive Jelly Bean
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2013-12-23: Samsung 2014 Smart TVs Will Get Enhanced Features
- 2013-04-19: Samsung Evolution Kit To Transform Smart TV Experience in South Korea
- 2013-03-20: Samsung Evolution Kit Upgrades Your 2012 Smart TV In May For $300
- 2013-01-28: Samsung Smart TV, Blu-ray Verizon FiOS TV App Updated With 75 Live Channels
- 2012-07-12: Angry Birds coming to Samsung Smart TVs this month