Scientists have just discovered a new molecule that will change dental care forever. The molecule will make your teeth cavity proof and has been named Keep 32 after your set of all 32 teeth. The molecule can kill the bacteria(Streptococcus Mutans) which produces cavities in a mere 60 seconds.
The makers of the molecule, Jose Cordoba from Yale University and Erich Astudillo from la Universidad de Santiago,Chile, have also noted that it can be added to almost any dental product and even candy or chewing gum as well. As long as the product with the molecule stays in your mouth for 60 seconds, it will eliminate the cavity bacteria and prevent it from returning for a number of hours.
Research began in 2005 and the two researchers are hoping to bring the molecule to products in a matter of 14-18 months. After going through human safety trials in the US, they would like to license the molecule to different dental care manufacturers such as Colgate or Proctor & Gamble and candy companies such as Hershey’s or Cadbury.
This is a revolutionary discovery and will definitely help reduce the amount of trips you take to the dentist each year. This is definitely up there with water fluoridation. We’ll keep you updated on the status of this molecule.
- 2014-03-30 Changing Fonts Could Save The Government A Lot Of Money
- 2014-01-12 Researchers Develop Minuscule Windmills That Could Charge Our Phones
- 2013-12-05 Emotiv Lifesciences Christmas Party
- 2013-11-28 Researchers Use Moving Vehicles And Windscreen Wipers To Measure Rainfall
- 2013-08-29 Robot’s Face Determines Level Of User Comfort