If you’re a fan of Smule’s Songify, you’ll be pleased to know that the folks behind that app have added yet another title to their collection. This time, it’s for fans of rap and is called AutoRap. Not unlike Songify, AutoRap takes your recorded speech and automatically turns it into a song – a rap song. So instead of auto tuning your voice to fit a melody, AutoRap works differently by tuning your speech as well as making it follow a beat, speeding up and slowing down your words as though you were making a rhyme.
I downloaded the app on my phone and gave it a shot – needless to say I was pretty impressed. Not as much as I was when I used Songify for the first time, but I was pleased with the results. No I won’t be sharing my track here, but if you’re interested in checking out AutoRap, you can download it for yourself on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. AutoRap is free to use and comes with a number of free tracks, but if you’d like a wider selection of beats including those from more well-known songs, you’ll need to make in-app purchases.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-30: Double Dragon Trilogy To Make Its Way Onto iOS And Android