As renewable energy becomes more popular and affordable, companies all around the world have begun to use it. The latest instance is the Arbor Brewing company, who has decided to make two of their locations run on renewable energy. Not only is the company decided to find a new way of creating energy, but they have implemented several different strategies to be more efficient with the energy as well.
The company has installed a 2.4 solar photovoltaic array on its roof, 300 solar thermal collector tubes, a high efficiency tankless water heater system, and new LED lights. The company expects to reduce gas usage by nearly 40-50 percent and electricity usage by 15-20 percent. Although it cost them nearly 345k for the two locations, they did offset some of the cost through different grants and government programs that allowed them to save money since they were becoming more energy efficient. The Ann Arbor location will open July 11, while the Corner Brewery will open August 29th. Kudos to this brewery company for becoming more energy efficient and helping out the environment.
Next Story: Canon recalling S100 Camera due to faulty lenses
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth