If you own a Sony Xperia phone from the year 2011, it looks like you won’t be receiving the latest version of Android – at least through official channels. According to reports online, Sony UK has mentioned on its Facebook page (in reply to a comment) that the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S and Xperia mini will not receive the Android 4.1 update. Since the arc S has the highest specs when compared to the other phones in the 2011 Xperia line up, it looks like all of them won’t be getting the update as well.
However, there is a possibility of Sony changing its mind when it comes to pushing out the update, so we’ll just have to wait and see. After all, it released updates for the Xperia X10 when enough people complained about being stuck on Android 1.6. Maybe the same thing will happen here. If not, users will just have to stick with Ice Cream Sandwich or get a custom ROM on their phones for Jelly Bean goodness.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-10-09: Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia SP, To Receive Android Updates (Rumor)
- 2013-04-24: Sony’s Jelly Bean Fest For Their Smartphones
- 2013-04-21: Xperia P And Xperia Go About To Receive Jelly Bean Update Real Soon
- 2012-12-17: Sony Shares Jelly Bean Update Plans