No thanks to the grime on our fingers and the oil on our faces, our touchscreen smartphones usually end up being quite a mess and requires a constant wipe down to maintain that shine. Unfortunately not all of us bring cleaning cloths with us while on the go, but this new Kickstarter project for an iPhone case dubbed Swipe might help solve your smudged-screen woes. As pictured above, Swipe looks like your regular iPhone case, although the kicker is that the top portion of the case is a detachable little gadget that you pull downwards to wipe your screen.
Thanks to its design, the cleaning system is hidden when not in use so it’s not too unsightly and will pass off as a somewhat decent looking iPhone case. Apart from the built-in screen cleaning feature, the Swipe case also doubles as a camera tripod mount and supposedly offers great protection against drops and scrapes. A minimum pledge of $89 ($79 for early birds) will net you the case upon successful funding and its release, so for more information or to pledge your support, pop on over to its Kickstarter page.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-03-04: Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash
- 2013-12-05: Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- 2013-11-17: Broken iPhone Components Get Recycled Into Furniture
- 2013-07-04: TurtleCell iPhone Cases Comes With Retractable Earphones
- 2013-02-25: mentalKase Lets Your iPhone Survive 6,000 Foot Drops