Twitter and NBC Universal have decided to suspend a British reporter’s Twitter account after the tweets of Guy Adams, the Los Angeles correspondent for The Independent which is based in London, sent out a tweet last Friday that detailed NBC Olympics President Gary Zenkel’s email address. This was not done out of a mischievous intent, as he was venting his frustration (among a fair number of other Twitter users in the US) who were upset at the London Olympics’ opening ceremony being shown on tape delay so that it can coincide with evening prime-time in the US.
Adams’ “offending” tweet was, “The man responsible for NBC pretending the Olympics haven’t started yet is Gary Zenkel. Tell him what u think! Email: Gary.email@example.com.” As a result, Adams’ Twitter account and his tweets were rendered invisible, but nature always has a strange sense of humor – the incident actually exploded across the Internet on Monday, where “Guy Adams” ended up as a worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
Next Story: Asus Tablet 810 spotted at the FCC
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-13: IRS Reportedly Paying Microsoft Millions For Extended Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac