If you happen to rock on to a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Verizon Wireless, then you would be pleased to hear that Big Red had released a statement just yesterday to explain their position on the locked bootloader that proved to be more than frustrating for some of the Galaxy S3 owners. Well, Samsung decided to take things into their own hands, and they have announced a special unlocked version of the Galaxy S3 Developer Edition for Verizon users.
The Developer Edition will be different from the standard issue Galaxy S3 from Verizon, as it will not be made available on-contract with subsidies, so you will need to go through Samsung and fork out the full price of $600 a pop. Definitely a huge amount of money in these economically challenging times, but it will help sift out those who are genuinely interested in custom ROMs compared to folks who want a handset that runs as it is right out of the box without having to make any tweaks or modifications to the operating system.
Samsung has also warned potential owners of the Developer Edition that should you brick the handset with non-Samsung software, you can forget about any warranty coverage.
- 2014-04-23 Kyocera Brigadier Press Rendering For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Red HTC One M8 For Verizon Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2013-12-18 Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-06-12 Verizon Pulls Samsung Galaxy S3 Update Due To Connectivity Issues
- 2013-04-10 Verizon Slashes Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Before Galaxy S4 Announcement
- 2012-12-13 Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets Jelly Bean Update Tomorrow [Official]
- 2012-11-02 Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked