When it comes to instant messaging apps, WhatsApp is probably an app that comes to mind. However when it comes to making VoIP calls, apps such as Skype and Viber are the more popular choices. Well the good news for those who prefer using Viber is that it looks like group messaging has finally arrived in the latest update for the app on both Android and iOS devices, and is supposedly the “killer feature” of the update and also the most requested one.
Apart from group messaging, the update to version 2.2 will also introduce the ability to add custom backgrounds to conversations, a new HD voice engine that reportedly provides better quality calls, time stamps, photos in contact list and also the ability to see which of your friends has recently joined Viber. We’re not sure if Viber’s new feature will allow it to grab more market share from WhatsApp since it now does what WhatsApp does and more, but if you have yet to update/download the latest version of the app, head on over to the iTunes App Store or the Google Play store for the download.
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-01-16 Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15 News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26 Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th