It’s a sad day over at Warner Bros.’ Seattle studios. We are hearing reports that the company’s WB Games in Seattle, composed of Monolith Productions, Snowblind Studios, and Surreal Software, have laid off an undisclosed number of employees. The report was also backed up by 3D Realms founder George Broussard who tweeted, “Another Warner Brothers layoff going on as we speak. In progress now. Shame. Hope people land safely.”
Warner Bros. issued a statement yesterday confirming the rumored layoffs. “Due to shifting business imperatives, WB Games Seattle has made staff reductions. The group will continue to remain an integral part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment,” the company said in a statement. This is said to be the second time for Warner Bros. to axe jobs in the studio. WB Games Seattle is reportedly working on Lord of the Rings: Guardians of Middle-earth. The state of the game remains to be seen.
Next Story: Oral Care Motivator sets tooth brushing reminder
- 2013-09-26: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Bundles 5 DLC Packs For $20
- 2013-09-25: Deathstroke Challenge Pack Highlighted In Latest Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer
- 2013-08-14: Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition Comes With Joker Figure, More
- 2013-04-24: Batman: Arkham Origins To Include Multiplayer Mode [Rumor]
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U