Any computer user worth his or her salt would have heard of Windows before, but Windows Azure? Just what the heck is it? Windows Azure is Microsoft’s attempt at a cloud computing platform which will be used to build, host as well as scale web applications thanks to data centers belonging to Microsoft. Windows Azure is filed under a service platform, and will work closely with its software, Microsoft Online Services, as a service offering. The thing is, Windows Azure has experienced an outage across Europe today – and while very few details on the Windows Azure outage has been released, Microsoft says that they are well aware of the situation and are already working hard on rectifying it.
Microsoft posted this on the Windows Azure dashboard earlier this morning, “We are experiencing an availability issue in the West Europe sub-region, which impacts access to hosted services in this region. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible. Further updates will be published to keep you apprised of the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our customers.”
Hopefully it gets fixed, and is up and running soon!
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week