We’ve previously heard rumors about HTC releasing Windows Phone 8 devices later this year, and now we have more reports that support the possibility. According to the folks over at WPDang, who seem really confident in their sources, Windows Phone 8 devices will be released later this year. No mention on what hardware the devices are packing or which OEMs will be involved this time around, but I guess time will tell.
Windows 8 is set to launch later this year, and it could be a good idea for Microsoft to push out phones to go along with its tablet/desktop operating system at the same time. With companies like Nokia banking on Windows Phone 8 to sell its phones and the rest of the world (well, at least I know I am) expecting to be blown away by the operating system, it’s only going to be a matter of time before we find out if Microsoft can deliver. How many of you are planning to pick up a Windows Phone 8 device when they are finally released?
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2013-04-16: Microsoft Has No Plans To Release Its Own Windows Phone Anytime Soon
- 2013-03-18: Microsoft Supporting Windows Phone 8 Until July 2014
- 2013-03-18: Windows Phone 7.8 To Receive Support Until September 2014
- 2013-02-25: Nokia HERE Available On All Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2012-10-30: Windows Phone 8 SDK Released at BUILD