It looks like Microsoft has got something to celebrate about – the Xbox 360 is still the best-selling video game console in the US. It’s been rocking the throne for the past 18 months despite being released almost 7 years ago – and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be dethroned anytime soon. According to a post on the official Microsoft blog, the Xbox 360 now holds 47% share of current generation console sales in the US and moved 257,000 units in June.
Other interesting facts include: total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software and accessories) reached $272 million – the most for any console in the US. Consumers spent more on Xbox 360 products than they spent on the other two current-generation consoles combined. With upcoming highly anticipated games like Halo 4 arriving on the console soon, gamers have even more reasons to pick one up in the coming months.
I guess Microsoft’s competitors will have to rely on their next-generation consoles to beat it at its own game in the US.RELATED
- Assassin's Creed 4 "Freedom Cry" DLC Will Contain Clues About The Next Assassin's Creed Game
- Sony Patent Suggests Updated Move Controller
- Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. Pegged For Spring 2014
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- World Of Warcraft Introduces In-Game Store To Purchase Mounts And Pets
- Follow: Microsoft, milestone, xbox, xbox 360,
- Seen at: blogs.technet