It looks like Microsoft has got something to celebrate about – the Xbox 360 is still the best-selling video game console in the US. It’s been rocking the throne for the past 18 months despite being released almost 7 years ago – and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be dethroned anytime soon. According to a post on the official Microsoft blog, the Xbox 360 now holds 47% share of current generation console sales in the US and moved 257,000 units in June.
Other interesting facts include: total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software and accessories) reached $272 million – the most for any console in the US. Consumers spent more on Xbox 360 products than they spent on the other two current-generation consoles combined. With upcoming highly anticipated games like Halo 4 arriving on the console soon, gamers have even more reasons to pick one up in the coming months.
I guess Microsoft’s competitors will have to rely on their next-generation consoles to beat it at its own game in the US.
Next Story: New iPhone 5 picture surfaces?
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-12: Fable Anniversary Hitting Xbox 360 On Feb. 4, 2014 With Bonus Content
- 2013-12-09: Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- 2013-11-27: Gears Of War, Shoot Many Robots Free In December For Xbox Games With Gold