Earlier this morning, we talked about Yahoo! Mail as well as Yahoo! Messenger in addition to other segments of Yahoo!’s online services experiencing a disruption, regardless of where you stay on the globe. Well, Yahoo! did release a statement around 7 hours ago, stating, “Yahoo! Mail, Messenger and other areas of Yahoo! may currently be inaccessible or slow to respond to some users in certain locations. We are working to correct the issue and restore all functionality immediately. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who might be affected.”
After the apology, it was still touch and go for many users, and I guess that Yahoo! software and hardware engineers managed to successfully flush out whatever gremlins there were left lurking in the network, killing the proverbial fail whale in the process – so that everyone is able to access their range of Yahoo! services. This has led to the latest statement approximately 3 hours ago, stating, “Yahoo! Mail and other services are restored. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who were affected.”
All’s well that ends well, no?
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]