Urbanears has come up with their most ambitious pair of headphones to date – the Zinken, which is said to be a totally new approach to the concept of a headphone by touting it as a musical instrument. It was specially developed with the professional DJ in mind, although it will not break the bank in any way whatsoever, delivering a bunch of useful features including the TurnCable and the ZoundPlug. The TurnCable was specially built with a rugged Kevlar within, where it features a 6.3mm plug that can be used with a mixer, in addition to a 3.5mm plug that caters for mobile devices. Not only that, there is a coiled section that offers you the freedom to move without having to disrupt the sound that comes from your headphones.
As for the ZoundPlug, this was first featured on the Urbanears Plattan headphone. Unlike its name suggests, the ZoundPlug is not a real plug, but instead is an audio output socket which enables a different person to plug in and listen to whatever you are currently listening to. Specially designed to be an ultra wearable device, this headphone can be worn for hours on end without leaving your ears feeling uncomfortable. The Zinken will retail for $140.
Next Story: Velocomp starts to ship iBike Powerhouse
- 2014-04-17: Tonino Lamborghini Unveils Trio Of In-Ear Headphones
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-04-04: Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 Headphones Look Pretty Sleek
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Premium Headphones Lineup Reportedly Coming Soon
- 2014-03-05: Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced