Tablets so far have come in a handful of sizes – 7”, 9.7” and 10.1”, although not too long ago Toshiba attempted to disrupt the market by introducing a 13.3” tablet, the Excite 13. Now if you thought that Toshiba was the only player in the market with a 13.3” tablet, you would be mistaken as thanks to an FCC filing, it seems that Archos has something similar planned as well. Spotted in an FCC filing is the Archos FamilyPad which sports a 13.3” display.
However while it might share the same screen size as the Toshiba Excite 13, the rest of its specs are probably less exciting. The FamilyPad comes with an AllWinner A10 processor clocked at 1.5GHz, 8/16GB of internal storage, WiFi, an SD card slot for memory expansion, two USB ports and a front-facing camera. No word if and when the Archos FamilyPad will be making its debut stateside, but we will be keeping our eyes peeled nonetheless. So anyone else in the market for a 13.3” tablet, or would you rather get a laptop/ultrabook instead?
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-13 Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11 Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03 Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2013-08-21 Archos 101 XS 2 Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-04-15 Archos ChildPad Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2013-04-07 Arnova 97 G4 Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2012-11-26 Archos 97 XS Hits The FCC
- 2012-07-18 Archos 97 Carbon tablet arrives at the FCC