The other day we reported that photos of the alleged Nikon 1 J2 had leaked and based on what we’ve seen, it looks as thought Nikon took away the “1” in the J1 and replaced it with a “2”. At that time not much details were known, at least until now when alleged details of the Nikon 1 J2 have emerged. According to these specs, it is pretty much identical to the J1, such as its 10.1MP CX sensor, an EXPEED 3 processor although one of the main differences we could discern was its new 920k dot LCD display, which is an improvement over the J1 and would make it the same as the V1.
We’re not sure what the point is in introducing a “new” camera with the same specs as its predecessor, with the exception of its display. Then again, these are rumors at the moment which means that these alleged leaked specs might not be the real deal. Either way if the rumors are to be believed, a release date for the J2 could be announced next week, so stay tuned – until then we suggest taking this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-04: Sony A7s Rumored For Launch This Sunday
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked