If you happen to live in the UK, Germany, France, Italy or Spain, then here is news for you. The Amazon Appstore has just launched in the named countries (confirming our earlier story), enabling majority of its European customers to be able to gain access to Amazon’s broad selection of quality Android apps. Not only that, throw in the convenience of shopping on Amazon from the comfort of your Android-powered smartphones and tablets, and you more or less have got yourself a winner here. If you are interested, you can always pick up the Amazon Appstore for your Android-powered device here.
Just what kind of goodies can you get on Amazon’s Appstore? Well, we are talking about a wide range of games and apps, ranging from local favorites like “Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals” and “Skyscanner,” to established bestsellers like “Fruit Ninja” and “Cut the Rope,” in addition to other offerings from top-tier brands such as Rovio and Glu Mobile. European customers will also benefit from the “Free App of the Day” feature that lets you get a paid app for free, every single day. The ad-free version of “Angry Birds” is on the menu today just in case you were wondering.
Other popular Amazon features such as personalized recommendations, Customer Reviews and 1-Click payments are also thrown into the mix, and all of the apps have been Amazon-tested and backed by Amazon’s world-class customer support prior to being released. At last, our friends living across the pond will be able to enjoy what we’ve been experiencing here Stateside for some time now. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2013-01-03: US Judge Throws Out "Appstore" False Advertising Claims By Apple
- 2012-12-06: Amazon Appstore Hits 500% More Downloads
- 2012-11-28: Amazon Appstore for Android rolls out in Japan
- 2012-06-20: Amazon Appstore launching in Europe this summer