Amazon’s Kindle Fire has done pretty well for itself on the tablet front, especially in the smaller screen segment that has yet to be threatened by Apple’s presence, although all of that might change eventually with the release of the rumored iPad mini. Well, at the moment, we do know that Amazon is not one company that rests on its laurels, having set a September 6th press event which is rumored to see the introduction of a new Kindle Fire device to boot. Assuming that this is true, it could not come at a timelier manner, as Amazon would certainly need to make sure that one of their best selling devices is able to remain competitive against other players in the market, and what better way to do so than to introduced a revised version?
For one, the Amazon Kindle Fire does sport a very different business model, where it lacks a slew of pre-installed Google applications, in addition to taking a loss on each tablet sold, but making up the lost ground through the sales of content, apps and cloud related storage space. Are you looking forward to the new Kindle Fire from Amazon?
Ubergizmo has been invited to the September 6th Amazon Press Conference, and we do look forward to covering word from the horse’s mouth then. Watch out this space for further details!
Next Story: Xiaomi MI-ONE S hits 200,000 sales mark
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-02-05: Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05: Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18: Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18: Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules