Amazon’s Kindle Fire has done pretty well for itself on the tablet front, especially in the smaller screen segment that has yet to be threatened by Apple’s presence, although all of that might change eventually with the release of the rumored iPad mini. Well, at the moment, we do know that Amazon is not one company that rests on its laurels, having set a September 6th press event which is rumored to see the introduction of a new Kindle Fire device to boot. Assuming that this is true, it could not come at a timelier manner, as Amazon would certainly need to make sure that one of their best selling devices is able to remain competitive against other players in the market, and what better way to do so than to introduced a revised version?
For one, the Amazon Kindle Fire does sport a very different business model, where it lacks a slew of pre-installed Google applications, in addition to taking a loss on each tablet sold, but making up the lost ground through the sales of content, apps and cloud related storage space. Are you looking forward to the new Kindle Fire from Amazon?
Ubergizmo has been invited to the September 6th Amazon Press Conference, and we do look forward to covering word from the horse’s mouth then. Watch out this space for further details!RELATED
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: Amazon, kindle fire,
- Seen at: androidcentral