It was just last week when we talked about how the Sony Xperia P received the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update, and here we are with more official word from Sony – that the new Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware will soon be made available to the rest of the Xperia smartphones which were released in 2011. Yes sir, from this week onwards (depending on the territory as well as carrier requirements, of course), the Xperia arc, Xperia arc S, Xperia neo, Xperia neo V, Xperia mini, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Xperia ray will be on the receiving end of a new Ice Cream Sandwich software update which will obviously be accompanied by the relevant bunch of bug fixes, performance tweaks as well as other improvements.
As for the Xperia mini pro, Xperia neo L and Live with Walkman, those will be next on the list, receiving their serving of Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming weeks as well. Folks who have already made the jump to Ice Cream Sandwich ought to see a notification appear on your handset, paving the way open for an Over The Air download. As for the rest who are still on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, updating your handset’s firmware is slightly more messy as it involves plugging in your handset to the PC companion software or Bridge for Mac.
Next Story: Nintendo Power magazine has no more 1-Ups, folds
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2012-07-02: NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2012-06-11: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on 2011 Sony Experia handsets is not all that smooth
- 2012-06-07: Sony Xperia Mini Pro receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-28: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and Xperia neo receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update