If you still have a T-Mobile G1 Android handset lying around collecting dust, you might want to take it out of your drawer because it seems that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been ported onto the device. This hack was done by the folks at SoCal Devs and while it does not appear to offer the best experience in the world (check out the video above to see what we mean), we guess that it is possible for the phone to run Android 4.1. That’s assuming of course anyone can put up with the horrible lagginess. Don’t expect this port to give your G1 a new lease on life, but if you have a G1 lying around and you wouldn’t mind experimenting with it, the details and the download can be found on the XDA forums. If you have attempted this port, let us know in the comments below on how good (or bad) Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on the T-Mobile G1 is treating you!
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated