Following the release of iOS 6 beta 4 version to its developers and announcing that it will discontinue Google’s YouTube app on iOS 6, Apple seems to have update its iOS 6 3D Maps app as well. We just learned that Apple has added new 3D views to a few major cities in the U.S. and Europe, with one city in Canada. In the U.S., 9to5Mac notes the following cities that can now enjoy the new 3D views: Boston, Atlanta, Portland, Phoenix, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas.
In Canada, folks living in Toronto can also enjoy the updated 3D Maps. Birmingham and Manchester in the U.K. as well in Lyon, France are among the major cities in the Europe covered. Previous beta versions of iOS 6 have already listed other cities including Los Angeles, San Diego, Memphis, Denver, Copenhagen, Montreal, San Francisco and the Bay Area, Las Vegas, Sydney, Melbourne, Chicago, Miami, Seattle, and Sacramento. It seems that Apple’s decision to acquire C3 Technologies last year is starting to pay off.
Next Story: Minecraft Xbox 360 update 1.7.3 available
- 2014-02-27: Apple Maps Send iPhone Owners To Grandma’s House
- 2013-12-19: Apple's Patent Filing Could Point To What Maps Will Look Like
- 2013-11-28: Google Announces New And Personalized Map Embed
- 2013-11-27: Apple's PrimeSense Acquisition Could Be Used To Improve Maps
- 2013-10-30: Taiwanese Government Not Happy Apple Maps Labels Them As A Province Of China
- 2013-01-03: Apple In Negotiations With Waze To Rescue Its Maps App [Rumor]
- 2012-12-19: iOS 6 Adoption Grew 29 Percent Because Of Google Maps
- 2012-10-11: Survey finds that 74% of respondents have no problems with Apple's Maps app
- 2012-10-10: Apple reportedly knew about Maps problems prior to launch
- 2012-10-04: Apple to get retail store employees to help improve their Maps app [Rumor]