Update: Michael Yamashita, has asked us to remove the photo. The link to Instagram has been removed as well.
Sony’s A99 camera has yet to be revealed but so far we’ve heard some rumors about the camera, such as its alleged specs. More importantly we have yet to get a glimpse of the camera itself, and in a recent video (Update – it looks like the video was removed, possibly at the request of Sony?) of National Geographic photographer Michael Yamashita, the Sony A99 may very well have been spotted in his hands! Pictured in the screenshot above, we can clearly see Yamashita holding a camera and in an Instagram photo uploaded by the photographer, he was quoted as saying, “shooting for Sony”.
While this doesn’t necessarily mean that the camera in his hands belongs to the A99, some have noticed that the camera he is using looks different compared to the Sony A77 based on the hot shoe alone. The A77 uses the smaller Minolta Hot Shoe while if the specs are to be believed, the A99 will be utilizing a standard sized Hot Shoe. It seems like a bit of a stretch but what do you guys think? Are we looking at the A99 here?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title