A while back we reported that Dell had confirmed they were working on a Windows 8 tablet, although it was not specified as to which version of Windows 8 they would be working on. According to the rumors, Dell had supposedly taken HP’s spot for a Windows 8 tablet when HP decided to pull out from the running. However thanks to a new set of rumors, word has it that both HP and Dell have joined forces and are looking to push out a Windows RT tablet this October. The RT version of Windows will be running on ARM-based processors and according to the report, HP’s version will be using Texas Instruments’ chips while Dell will be turning to Qualcomm for their chips. This seems to go against previous rumors that suggested that Qualcomm had chosen HP to work with, but since these are merely rumors, we guess taking it with a grain of salt is the best course of action at this point. Either way the release date for both HP and Dell’s Windows RT tablets has been pegged for the 26th of October, so we guess we will have to wait and see if the rumors pan out.
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2014-01-26 HP Clarifies They Are Not Dropping Windows 8
- 2014-01-20 HP Windows 7 PCs Are Back By 'Popular Demand'
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2012-07-06 HP and Dell launching Windows RT tablets end of this year?