French video game developer and publisher Gameloft has unveiled its next project via its Facebook page. And judging from the looks of it, it seems that the big time game developer is onto something big. Gameloft is teasing its first game ever built from Unreal Engine. If that sounds foreign to you, Unreal Engine is actually a game engine that offers a high degree of portability and is a tool used by many game developers today.
Unfortunately, except for the image that Gameloft unwrapped today (the one above) and the caption that says, “The story of Gameloft’s 1st Unreal Game will soon be revealed”, the details are quite bleak. Also, Gameloft says that the image above has a hidden hint that needs to be unlocked. Perhaps, you can unlock it. You can also vote to unlock the teaser trailer via YouTube. Whatever Gameloft has in store for us, let’s hope it’s going to be huge.
- 2014-04-07: Epic Considering Bringing Unreal Engine Onto Windows Phone
- 2014-03-19: Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-19: Unreal Engine 4 Complete Access For $19/mo
- 2013-12-20: Gameloft Thinking About Implementing Immersive Mode For Its Android Games
- 2013-03-29: Gameloft Announces Official Iron Man 3 Game For iOS And Android
- 2013-01-31: Gameloft Optimizes Popular Titles For BlackBerry 10 Platform
- 2012-12-20: Gameloft's Wild Blood For Android & iOS Now Selling For $0.99
- 2012-10-31: EA and Gameloft announce their support of Google's Nexus devices by optimizing their games