DigiTimes, not exactly the most reliable of sources when it comes to rumors with their fair share of hits and misses, is back with a brand new rumor of HTC introducing a 5″ smartphone that is tipped to arrive in September or October later this year. This will be HTC’s flagship model, where its 5″ display is said to come with a whopping resolution count of 1,794 x 1,080 pixels – at least that is what DigiTimes gleaned from industry sources. Samsung Electronics has also announced a Galaxy Note 2 officially today. Do you think that there is plenty of room for the “phablet” segment? Perhaps, considering how LG did introduce their 5″ Optimus Vu in May earlier this year, while Pantech has also introduced its second 5″ model to date, the Vega S5, sometime last month.
HTC is not really doing that well in the market at the moment, and they are in need of a blockbuster – fast! Hopefully rumors of this 5″ smartphone will end up as true, and it will provide its fair share of decent competition to the phablet market.
Next Story: Open GLES 3.0 specifications released [SIGGRAPH]
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1