Good news international Samsung Galaxy S3 owners, if you were one of the few that has been experiencing the “cell standby” battery drain issue, you should have received a notification today that informed you that you have an update. In case you didn’t receive the notification just yet or have yet to check your phone, this is a tiny OTA update that should be about under 1MB in size. Dubbed as a “stability improvement” patch, this update will reportedly bump your baseband version up to XXLH1 which we assume will fix some of the issues there might be with the phone’s radio firmware. However since we don’t have the Galaxy S3, we can’t confirm if this OTA update will address any radio issues you have with your phone, but if you have updated and notice improvements, let us know in the comments below! In the meantime for those who have yet to update, you can try manually pulling it by going to your phone’s Settings > About device > Software updates.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Galaxy S3, Samsung,
- Seen at: androidcentral