Hmmm, now this is something interesting that I never really noticed before – Apple is said to include the ability for iOS 6’s alarm clock application to play your favorite tune in order to help you greet a brand new day. This is a surprising and long welcome change, considering how other smartphones that do not run on the iOS platform have been able to play your favorite MP3 in order to jolt you out of bed. This particular feature first arrived in the initial beta versions of iOS 6 in June earlier this year, and will most probably be one of the most welcome features in iOS 6.
At this point in time, iOS 5 has a restriction on the kind of alarm sounds that your device can play, where these are restricted to Apple’s pre-defined ringtones or those that were purchased through Apple’s iTunes Store. Things look set to change for the better with the release of iOS 6, and you will also find this alarm clock enhancement introduced on the iPad thanks to the first Apple-authored Clock application for the tablet. iOS 6 is certainly shaping up to be a mobile operating system not to be trifled with.
Next Story: Razer releases Counter Logic Goliathus mouse mat
- 2013-09-25: Drivers Take Alaska Airport Taxiway As Apple Maps Leads Them Astray
- 2013-06-25: iOS 7 System Icons Preferred Over iOS 6 Icons [Poll]
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-04-22: Download Later Option Added To iOS 6 And iTunes 11
- 2013-03-27: iOS 6.1.3 Users Report Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues