I guess there are more than enough rumors going around right now that point towards a September release date for the next generation iPhone, never mind that you want to call it the iPhone 5 or the new iPhone. According to Techcrunch, a trusted Verizon employee mentioned that Verizon will impose an all-staff vacation blackout for the following dates – September 21 to September 30, and when it comes to blackout dates, those tend to mean that a major hardware launch is in store, just like how AT&T practiced last year.
Techcrunch believes so, and is looking forward to picking up the new iPhone/iPhone 5 on Friday, September 21st, although there are even more out there who expect the announcement of the new iPhone to happen this coming September 12th. I know that it is a cardinal sin to use history as an indicator of future performance when it comes to product launches (more so for financial plans), but Apple announced the iPhone 4S on October 4th last year, before the handset went up for pre-order on October 7th, before being made available in stores a week after that. When you extrapolate that to the iPhone 5′s timeline this September, everything else seems to fall into place. What do you think?
Next Story: Sony Xperia J (ST26i) preview
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]