If you’re in the market for a new set of portable speakers, Jabra might have something for you in the form of the Solemate. Normally known for their Bluetooth headsets, the Solemate would be Jabra’s foray into the portable speaker market and based on the design of the device, well it certainly is unique to say the least. Featuring Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, the Solemate will sport a rubberized casing that supposedly is both water and shock resistant and comes with a little hook that you can carry it with.
The “sole” of the speaker can be replaced and it actually stores a 3.5mm audio cable for those who do not have Bluetooth devices. It will feature a pair of acoustic tweeters and a subwoofer with a passive bass radiator on the back, all of which will have the capability of pumping out 120dB of sound. It will feature volume buttons and a multifunction button and will house two indicator lights that shows battery and Bluetooth status. Priced at $199, the Jabra Solemate will be available for pre-order via Amazon or Best Buy and will be available for purchase on the 2nd of September. [Press release]
- 2014-01-22: Jabra Re-envisions Call Center Headset With BIZ 2300
- 2013-09-05: Jabra Solemate Mini And Revamped Solemate Speaker Launched
- 2013-02-19: Jabra Motion Series Employs Sensor Technology In Headsets
- 2013-01-22: Jabra's Speak 510 Series Is Built With The Mobile User In Mind
- 2013-01-07: Jabra Touts Revo Wireless, Revo, & Vox Stereo Headphones At CES 2013