There is one thing about conceptual devices and ideas that capture your attention – not only are they absolutely fantastic in terms of hardware specifications, bordering on the impossible sometimes, but it does not seem too far fetched, either. The thing is, most of the time, conceptual ideas of hardware tend to go beyond current constraints in the world of physics, but you could say in one sense of the word that our world was built on fantasy, right? After all, who would have thought that men would be able to fly in the sky one day, without using wings made out of wax to boot. What you see above is a conceptual handset from a fan, where it is dubbed the Jolla concept.
The display definitely looks tacked on, while the front facing camera that seems to overlap the top speaker looks out of place. The icons do not line up in a straight line horizontally, but slant upwards in a slight slope. At the bottom left hand corner on the front segment lies a big round button which I believe is the Home button. Do you think that the physical Home button should be made defunct in the future? I would not waste time looking out for this to hit the market though, but it is nice to have wishful thinking once in a while.
- 2014-03-27: Sailfish OS For Nexus 4 Released
- 2014-02-21: Sailfish OS 1.0 Announced, Will Begin Global Distribution Soon
- 2014-02-12: Sailfish Mobile OS Might Arrive On Older Samsung Devices Soon
- 2014-01-02: Jolla Beats Out iPhone 5s At One Finnish Retailer
- 2013-12-19: Jolla Smartphone Arrives In Europe Now For €399
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept