You know how you were told to summarize some passages in the past at college or university during a language assignment? Well, I guess the same can be said of the Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 notebook, where it is basically the same deal as the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500, except that this comes in a smaller form factor – that is all. Instead of tipping the scales at 2.2kg as the IdeaPad Z500, this puppy is 200 grams lighter, measuring 345mm x 244m x 26mm compared to the Z500’s 375mm x 263mm x 25.4mm. Other than that, it is a carbon copy of the Z500, some might even say a Mini Me of the Z500.
To get the ball rolling, you have a 14” Backlit LED HD display at 1366×768 resolution with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, rocking to a maximum 1TB of hard drive space, and being able to dance to the tune of 16GB RAM. Connectivity options include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and just in case the integrated DVD reader/writer is not good enough for you, you can always fork out more money and throw in the optional Blu-ray Disc drive instead. Your ears will be treated to specialized stereo speakers for extra bass with Dolby Home Theatre audio certification. Keeping in touch is a snap thanks to the built-in 720p HD webcam in front. Pricing details are unavailable, but it should arrive right after Windows 8 hits the market.
Next Story: Lenovo IdeaCentre B545 All-in-One PC
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2013-01-07: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S Ultrabook Takes The Multimode Route
- 2013-01-06: Lenovo Ideapad Z400 And Z500 Touch
- 2013-01-06: Lenovo IdeaPad U310/U401 Touch
- 2012-10-09: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Ultrabook convertible
- 2012-08-31: Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 notebook