It wasn’t too long ago that the LG Optimus G’s specs were leaked, and while leaks should be taken with a degree of skepticism, LG confirmed it by launching a website dedicated to their next-gen smartphone which many believed would be called the LG Optimus G. Well the good news for folks eagerly anticipating the device is that LG has officially taken the wraps off the handset and has introduced the LG Optimus G to the world. As per earlier reports, the Optimus G has been confirmed to sport a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core processor and the Adreno 320 GPU, which at the same time happens to be compatible with global 3G and 4G LTE radios. However given there are over 50 4G LTE bands worldwide, there is the off-chance that your carrier may not be supported.
The LG Optimus G also features a 4.7” 1280×768 True HD IPS+ display, 2GB of RAM, a whopping 13MP rear-facing camera, a 2,100mAh battery (which purportedly is more efficient than regular smartphone batteries, although we’ll probably need to do some testing to see if LG’s claims are true), and will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled. The LG Optimus G is expected to hit the Korean market next month and will also launch on Japan’s NTT DoCoMo by October/November, albeit with a slightly different design. The international rollout has been planned for a later date although no specific dates or a timeframe has been given. There was no word on when it will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean either, but given that this will be LG’s brand new flagship device, we expect the upgrade shouldn’t be too far behind (fingers crossed!). [Press release]
Next Story: Emotiv headsets hack into your brain
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-10-02: LG Optimus G To Get Android 4.4 KitKat Update In October, According To LG France
- 2013-06-21: LG Holding Press Event On August 7; Next-Gen Optimus G Incoming?
- 2013-04-03: AT&T LG Optimus G Receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-03-07: Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update